The Goizueta Consulting Club always has something to offer students who are interested in the field of consulting. Imran Manji, club president, highlighted some recent club activities:
- Weekly case preparation sessions to help students become comfortable with case interviews
- Fall Networking Night for seniors at local restaurant with Atlanta’s top 6 consulting firms- chance to mingle in an informal atmosphere before interviews
- “Perspectives on Consulting” session with Professor Patrick Noonan, former McKinsey consultant, covered consulting as a career path
- Junior Internship Information Sessions with SunTrust Enterprise Execution Services discussed career paths outside of the traditional consulting firms, in particular internal consulting divisions
- Preparation for consulting-related internships for sophomores and juniors — panel of seniors discussed their internship experiences
Beta Alpha Psi
Beta Alpha Psi is the honor society at Goizueta that, according to President Adam Ginsberg, “recognizes students with outstanding academic achievements in accounting, finance, and information systems.” Throughout the year, Beta Alpha Psi holds a number of meetings with accounting firms and related companies to promote the study and practice of these fields. After the information sessions, students have the opportunity to network with staff and partners at the various firms.
“Beta Alpha Psi strives to encourage a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility amongst its members through participation in a service project each semester,” Ginsberg said.
One of the many Beta Alpha Psi events I attended this semester was the Public Accounting Social held at the beginning of the year.
This event featured a panel of the top accounting firms including Deloitte, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, KMPG and BDO.
This event offered me my first networking attempt as a Goizueta student and allowed me to create and maintain business relationships with several on-campus recruiters. Since this event, I have attended many other Beta Alpha Psi information sessions; I particularly enjoy sessions that that are focused on one company.
– Timothy Kang, BBA13