On August 1, Belva White 08WEMBA, CPA, will be coming back to Goizueta.
Previously serving as the associate vice president for finance systems and data analytics for the university, White will join Goizueta as the new chief business, analytics and operations officer.
“[White’s] institutional knowledge and familiarity with data-driven decision making will be invaluable to Goizueta as we look to take advantage of operational efficiencies and continue to innovate in technology, classroom delivery and interactions with corporate entities,” Dean Erika James said.
White has been with Emory since 2002 and has overseen several major projects, including upgrades to accounting, billing and reporting software.
She has experience in leading cross-functional teams and gaining consensus among business units including human resources, facilities, information technology and finance.
Some notable accomplishments:
- Delivered the business case to the board of trustees to upgrade PeopleSoft, stressing return on investment and value
- Implemented software and improved business processes to enhance university accounting compliance
- Led the Emory Business Intelligence (EBI)-Finance improvements in financial management reporting
- Invested in staff skill development for improved performance
- Led business plan reviews on proposed additions to Emory facilities
“While she is sad to see Belva leave the central office, Emory CFO Carol Kissal has been supportive and excited for the business school’s newest addition,” James said. “From my perspective, this is also a chance to continue working collaboratively with the university.”