Emory Business At the Crossroads
Dear alumni and friends,
Spring is a time for new beginnings. It’s also the time for graduation—the start of a new journey for our undergraduates, MBAs, MPAs and PhD candidates.
Watching commencement and shaking the hands of our newly honored graduates as they claim a degree is professionally and personally rewarding. When they cross that stage, it reminds me of the many opportunities that await them on the other side, both in business and in life.
I’m proud of how well prepared our students are to take on the world. Increasingly, more students take control of their own future by starting a business or stepping into a start-up. From building business plans with our faculty to working on innovative projects throughout their curriculum, Goizueta graduates leave our program better trained than ever before for the changing face of industry and the increasingly complex problems in the marketplace.
In this issue of the magazine you’ll meet some alumni who have faced (or are currently facing) the apex of the entrepreneurial journey: sell the business, merge with another firm, or stay the course.
The factors in the decision are as unique as the people making them.
However, I’m most proud with how this magazine captures the brave spirit of our graduates. Whether starting a business or joining one of the Fortune 500 companies that frequent our city and campus, today’s business leaders face deep and ambiguous challenges.
I’m happy to say, on behalf of our faculty and staff, that we offer some of the best preparation around. Goizueta graduates embrace the challenge.
Enjoy the issue!
John H. Harland Dean
Goizueta Business School
Professor of Organization & Management
- Inaugural BBA Scholars to celebrate fifth reunion
- Undergraduate student wins Predictive Analytics Competition
- Taking a course with the relationship whisperer
- Weekend MBA structure updated, more flexibility added
- Emory Entrepreneur Network (EEN) announces rebranding
- PhD graduates earn tenure at top institutions
- Spring 2016 full of events at Goizueta Business School
- Goizueta librarian becomes three-time Fulbright recipient
- Goizueta says goodbye to Olga C. de Goizueta
- Faculty plan, publish new books
- Greg Feo on the business of show business
- Hoover leveraging education and science
- Diane Gutencag on fashioning a career by the numbers
- Understanding the scholarly inquiry of Giacomo Negro
- Knowledge Creation: A look at research from Spring 2016